We all want brighter, radiant and clearer skin. With an overwhelming amount of products and ingredients there’s one that continues to come up at the top - Glycolic acid. Glycolic acid is an alpha hydroxy acid and a powerful skin care ingredient that when used correctly, is extremely effective at removing or reducing skin damage like wrinkles, scars, and discolouration.
Glycolic Acid Benefits:
- Provides even exfoliation of the skin
- Releases and dissolves dead skin cells – clearing up blocked pores and blackheads
- A very effective acne treatment – particularly cystic acne which is caused by deep blockages of dead skin cells and sebum
- A good glycolic acid product helps to reduce fine lines and signs of premature aging by increasing cell turnover – meaning younger, healthier cells are now visible on the skin’s surface
- Acne scars (and other scar lesions) respond well to consistent glycolic acid treatment
- It minimizes the appearance of pores by keeping them clear and helping the surrounding cells to strengthen and regain elasticity
“You also lose some of the rough texture, so you get more skin smoothness. Another benefit from the exfoliating is it helps with pigment. In simple terms, the extra pigment we get from old acne scars, age spots, sun damage or melasma is stored for weeks in our dead cell layer. What the glycolic does, then, is get rid of a good amount of the stores of excess pigment, helping to even out overall skin tone.” Loretta Ciraldo, board-certified dermatologist
If you’ve been considering adding a glycolic acid to your daily skin regimen, there are several things you should understand about how it works before you make your purchase. Using the acid on its own however could be a risky situation at hand and should left for professionals. That said, don’t be intimidated by glycolic acid! It’s safer and best used for home use when infused into advanced skincare products such as our Anti-Ageing Retexturing and Resurfacing Duo Moisturiser.
Formulated with Cosmetic Drone™, the most advanced delivery system for active ingredients, this advanced moisturiser harbours signature ingredients - an anti-ageing Cosmetics Drone™, Shea butter and Cottonseed oil Cosmetic Drone™ technology entraps powerful ingredients into biocompatible polymers. In the form of X50 capsules™, this revolutionary technology targets specific cells releasing active ingredients such as Glycolic acid and peptides where needed to tighten skin and reduce the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines. The addition of Shea butter and Cottonseed oil in the formula, ideal for sensitive & dry skin, helps restore softness and suppleness. Clinical studies have shown reduction of signs of ageing including wrinkles and fine lines up to 67%* *30 women during 28 days .
Do keep in mind that a glycolic acid moisturiser could make your skin more sensitive to UV rays and the accompanying skin damage. You will have to protect your new skin with sunscreen to optimise renewal of your brand new skin!